Background information for your insurance

Is having a household insurance mandatory?

6. June 2018 0 Comments

In the cantons Nidwalden, Waadt, Freiburg and Jura having coverage for fire and natural hazards is mandatory. In Nidwalden and Waadt one has to take out the insurance with the Cantonal Fireinsurance, in Freiburg and Jura the insurer can be chosen freely. Coverage for theft, water and glass breakage damages are optional. All other cantons do not stipulate any mandatory coverage when it comes to household insurance. However, you can still choose to take out household coverage with the insurance provider of your choice.

Add a comment

Comment on this FAQ